Advice and Support for Problem Gambling
Problem Gambling Advice and Emotional Support
The National Gambling HelpLine is free to call on 0808 8020 133 or you can chat to an Adviser. We provide live, confidential, one-to-one information, advice and emotional support, plus we can signpost to further sources of specialist help, including our face to face, online and telephone treatment services across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our HelpLine (phone and live chat) services are available 24 hours a day. Advisers are specifically trained and can discuss what options are available, and they can offer coping strategies to those who want to change their gambling behaviour as well as support for others who are impacted by gambling.
Our online Forum and Chatrooms are available to anyone who wants to share their experiences and seek support from others. Threads include an area for new members, for supporting a problem gambler, recovery diaries, and information about Gamblers Anonymous and Gam-Anon meetings.
- To provide high quality, effective and non-judgemental advice and support for problem gamblers and affected others, serving the whole of Great Britain
- To provide high quality, effective, versatile and responsive treatment for problem gamblers and affected others in Great Britain
- To help and support operators and regulators in the development and implementation of effective responsible gambling policies, measures and practices, including certification, training and consultancy
- To lead in the development of best practice in research, education, communication and become an internationally recognised Centre of Clinical Excellence
- To provide advice, support, education and treatment to young people and other vulnerable groups
- To run GamCare efficiently and effectively
- Client and customer focus: Placing our service users at the heart of our organisation.
- Service quality: Delivering the best service we can for every caller, client and customer, every time.
- Learning and Development: Supporting our employees to develop their diverse skills and knowledge.
- Partnership working: Working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to benefit our service users and colleagues.
- Knowledge sharing: Sharing our wealth of clinical and industry knowledge to cement our reputation as a trusted treatment provider.
- Innovation: Continually challenging our approach to ensure our service is robust, sustainable and the best it can be.